Study in Canada

A study in Canada is a perfect combo of getting the top-level education, future worldwide employment perspectives, and immigration to Canada.


The number of foreign students in Canada is constantly growing and has reached 450,000. Many international students are choosing Canada because of certain advantages that studying in Canada can bring along with high standards of study programs that are recognized around the world.

Find a learning institution and a study program

The first thing to do in order to study in Canada is finding an institution where you would like to study. Canada is one of the most prominent Western countries for education. There are about a hundred universities and more than 500 colleges offering all kinds of educational programs such as:

  • One-year programs
  • Two-year programs
  • Bachelor’s degree programs
  • Master’s degree programs
  • Doctoral (Ph.D.) degree programs

How to apply for study in Canada

Once you have chosen an institution you want to attend, you need to apply for your program. Generally, universities and colleges will ask you to provide your previous education credentials and results of the language knowledge tests. Every program may also have its specific requirements. Once you submit all documents, your application will be considered and either declined or approved. If it is approved, you will receive a Letter of Admission (LOA). Should you need assistance with admission to the university or college, our advisors will help you.

Apply for a study permit

To study in Canada, you may need a study permit and for some countries, a visitor visa. When you have received your Letter of Admission from a Canadian university or college, you can apply for a Study Permit. Study Permit is a special document which allows you to legally stay in Canada while attending your educational program. To get a Study Permit you need to gather and prepare various documents. Awwad & Associates will help you properly prepare and collect all required documents.

Work while Studying

The cost of the life of the student is expensive, especially of the foreign student. In addition to the tuition fee, you must pay for your accommodation, grocery, Internet, cellphones and cover other expenses. That’s why Canada allows foreign students to work on-campus and off-campus. The work on-campus is not limited; however, you cannot work more than 20 hours a week off-campus. Violation of those rules may cause revocation of your Study Permit.

Funding and scholarships

Although education in Canada is not free and even local students pay for their studies, Canadian learning institutions offer many scholarships and other funding packages. International students sometimes are also eligible to apply for the funding.

A family of the international student

A family is one of the core values of Canadian society. For that reason, Canada allows spouses and children of foreign students to accompany them during their study in Canada. Moreover, in most cases, a spouse of an international student receives an open work permit, that allows him/her to work for any Canadian employer. Children of an international student can attend a public school.

Benefits of being an international student in Canada

Among the other benefits available for international students in Canada, it is worth emphasizing such things as health insurance for student and his/her family, and future employment prospects. Many programs offer job internships and co-op opportunities that allows you to build your own network of potential employers before graduation.

Immigration through education

Canada is interested in foreign graduates. Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada offer plenty of opportunities to stay in Canada permanently upon the completion of your education. A foreign graduate is eligible to apply for the Post-Graduate Work Permit Program (PGWP). This program allows you to obtain an up to a three-years-long open work permit. In turn, PGWP allows you to work for any Canadian employer in any industry. This time can help you to get a permanent job offer in Canada or gain enough for work experience to eligible for the Canadian Experience Class program.

Would you like to study in Canada and immigrate through education? Contact Awwad & Associates today to find a professional consultation on the further steps!